We’re taking Labor Day (actually, almost the entire week) off, but we’ll be back on Saturday with a review of Craftsy’s “Drawing with Colored Pencils” class AND a special link to save 50% on that class as well.
Until then, enjoy the long holiday weekend and feel free to check out these 7 “best-of” posts from years past, as determined by Pinterest but in no particular order:
1. Avoiding Tangents: 9 Visual Blunders Every Artist Should Watch Out For
2. VIDEO: How Pour Watercolors over Masking for Amazing Results
3. How to Add Incredibly Thick Texture to your Acrylic Paintings
4. Anton Pavlenko: Painting to New Heights
5. How to Paint with Negative Space
6. VIDEO: Making Paper Strips for Collage
7. How to Paint Portraits from Photographs: A Step-by-Step Oil Paint Tutorial
Last week’s articles on EmptyEasel:
Missing Painting Time? These 5 Tips Will Help You Get Back to Your Easel
4 Types of Edges You Can Draw Freehand
Cristina Jaco: Impressionistic Still Lifes and Landscape Paintings
VIDDY: The Cutest Little DIY Pinhole Camera (Probably in the Entire World)
Is there something you’d like to share on EE? Send it in!
EmptyEasel is proud to publish reader-submitted articles nearly every week. Please submit your own article here or learn why you might want to.
Thanks for reading! Feel free to forward and share with your friends!
GET EMPTYEASEL IN YOUR INBOX
We'll send you articles & tutorials right as we publish them, so you never miss a post! Unsubscribe here at any time.
This post may contain affiliate links.