Do you often think about why you like a specific work of art? Maybe that’s a funny question. Because for most of us, we like what we like. . . it’s instinctive.
Yet I still think there’s a lot to gain from understanding what it is that either attracts or repels us in art—which brings me to this week’s poll.
- Its price
- The artist who made it
- Its immediate emotional impact
- The technical skill involved
- Aesthetic appeal (beauty)
- a combination of technical skill and subject matter1
- technical skill, emotional impact AND subject matter1
Subscribe to our totally free weekly newsletter for artists. Sign up today!